Long-term Vision for the Environment
Hulic has formulated the Environmental Policy embodied in our Sustainability Vision and is executing environmentally friendly management. We aim to continue sustainable growth through business activities, with analyzing and evaluating climate change mitigation and adaptation, and we are also implementing initiatives to realize a carbon-free, recycling-oriented society envisioned in Hulic's Long-term Vision for the Environment with targets for 2050.
We have decided to set the long-term vision for environment at the center of our environment related initiatives considering the time frame referred to in the Paris Agreement which was adopted in 2015 at COP21 (The 21st Session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations (UN) Framework Convention on Climate Change).
Hulic executes environmentally friendly management to realize an ideal society of
carbon-free and recycling-oriented society in 2050.
As a real estate developer, we believe that Hulic can offer value to society by putting our environmental effort into reducing CO2 emissions, using resources efficiently, and reducing waste.
To realize a carbon-free society, we are accelerating our initiatives to achieve net zero CO2 emissions and RE100 by bringing forward target years for each, respectively.
- We are revising our related KPIs as we have brought forward the target years of net zero CO2 emissions and RE100, respectively from our initial plans.
- *1TCFD is an abbreviation for The Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures, which was created by the Financial Stability Board (FSB) at the request of the G20, and makes recommendations on climate change-related disclosures to companies and other organizations.
- *2RE100 is an abbreviation of Renewable Electricity 100% and is an international initiative in which member companies aim to use 100% renewable sources for the energy required for their business activities.
- *3A feed-in tariff (FIT) system for electricity that requires utility companies to purchase electricity generated using renewable sources for a certain period of time at a price specified by the national government.
FIT electricity is not considered renewable energy as a portion of the cost of the electricity purchased by a utility company is added to the consumer’s bill so the tax payer must bear some of the costs. Therefore, achieving the 100% goal with FIT electricity is not considered RE100 by definition.
- ● Achieving net zero CO2 emissions and RE100 : Forwarded target years for each, respectively, and developing solar photovoltaic equipment that does not use the FIT system and small hydroelectric plants.
- ● Longer life design buildings : we are reducing waste by making our longer life design of buildings that can accommodate tenant needs flexibly and can be used safely over a 100 years as standard specifications in all developments and reconstructions.
- ● Fireproof hybrid wooden buildings : we have been developing fire-resistant wooden buildings using timber that requires less energy for manufacturing and processing as well as contributes in fixing carbon.
- ● Environmentally friendly technologies : we have developed unique natural ventilation and natural lighting systems (louvers) in collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. We have also obtained patents for and are commercializing photovoltaic panels, which were jointly developed with another company, and a thin-layered wall greening system, natural lighting films etc.
- Our Approach to Sustainability
- Environmental Initiatives
- Basic Policy for Environment
- Initiatives for Climate Change
- Building a Recycling-oriented Society
- Initiatives for Biodiversity
- Information Disclosure based on TCFD Recommendations
- Social Initiatives
- Initiatives for Customers
- Collaboration with Business Partners
- Initiatives for Employees
- Initiatives for Local Communities
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance
- External Directors and External Auditors
- Auditing Mechanism
- Internal Control System
- Risk Management
- Initiatives for Shareholders and Investors
- External Evaluation
- Index by Topic / Index by GRI Standards
- Sustainability Book /
- Survey for our Sustainability Website